So, fellow tuners we decided to contact MR. MadCrix himself and ask him a few questions. Now mind you we could not actually meet him in person as the EVO 7 is a little bit faster than the Civic hatch he once owned. J
1. So Ryan, how & when did you first come across Solodex?
I actually stumbled across Solodex from an invite on Trinituner.
2. Can you tell us if this sport have had any impact towards your daily driving?
To be honest it has taught me how to control my car and to know when I am at the car's limit, it also allows me to keep my car and its passenger’s safe no matter what the driving conditions may be.
3. If there is; what would be the one thing you would like to see introduced or changed in Solodex events?
More instructions for novices on reading and understanding cones; as without it anxious newbie’s are turned off by not fully understanding how to navigate the course. More participation by the other motorsport fraternities. Also a Tobago road course would be nice.
4. How did you choose your current vehicle & why did you choose it?
I choose my EVO based on pure driving experience. I drove a Subaru and an EVO, and the EVO’s interior and driving characteristics outweighed the fantastic Subaru exhaust note. As well I always wanted a yellow EVO 7. Having driven in Duane's EVO several times it rubbed off on me. J
5. What were your original plans for the car and have they changed?
My plans for the car as with almost every new EVO driver that experienced the new found power was to keep the car stock... that lasted a couple months until the tuner bug bit HARD.
^^^ I think he probably just wanted to install a “V-TEC kit”
6. So seeing that this “Tuner Bug bit HARD” What performance modifications have you made to your car so far?
Modifications include and are not limited to: upgraded intercooler piping, K&N filter, upgraded exhaust, Apexi power FC, snow performance meth injection kit as well as some 15hp stickers courtesy Saltydog and Trinituner/Zorce. :)
7. What suspension modifications have you made to the car so far?
Eibach lowering springs
8. How and when did you first find trinituner.com?
2002, the co-owner Darren Dhoray is a very good friend of the family; and I joined when they completed the site.
9. How has this site benefited you?
It introduced me to Solodex and to friends I hold very close. It has also given me and many other competitors a safe and enjoyable way of enjoying the love of racing and motorsports.
10. Any last comments you would like to make?
I would like to invite all to try Solodex, not as a spectator but as a driver or passenger.The experience is completely different than that of spectating. I would recommend especially new drivers to come out and partake in an event. It is safer to push your car and know what to do in an emergency in a closed safe evnvironment rather that on the nations roadways.
Stay tuned for more driver profiles to come......